Friday, May 20, 2011

Goals for the 2011 season

Right now I am just working towards increasing my weekly training schedule from 15 hours/week to 20 hours/week.  I would like to be able to train consistently and remain injury free.  I don't have any specific speed goals or PRs that I would like to set, as I am concerned more with putting in enough training hours to complete specific levels of events.  These include:  The Olympic distance triathlon, the Half Ironman distance triathlon, the 10K road race and the half marathon road race.  I have been doing triathlons since July 2007.  When I started in 2007 I had no experience in any of the sports, although I had done some distance running for exercise and had about 11 years of experience.  In those 11 years I had to take a significant break from running because I was injured while training for a half marathon.  After about a 5 year break, I started running again in 2007.  So far I have experienced a lot of luck remaining injury free. 

This season has been the first season where I have trained all year round; usually I am involved in Masters alpine ski racing in the winter and triathlon training has been difficult to fit in.  However this year, with decreased mileage and intensity, I managed to stick with a reasonable weekly plan.  I am looking forward to this season with great enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment